The Doctor of Education in Kinesiology Online (EdD in KIN Online) at UNCG is an interdisciplinary, professional degree program specifically designed for practicing professionals who have a minimum of three years of professional experience in Kinesiology or related fields, and desire a doctorate that is focused on professional scholarship and practice in leadership, advocacy, and teaching. Our aim is to bring together a community of scholars to develop action-oriented leaders.
The four-year online degree program is cohort-based and requires students to complete of 60 credit hours including the dissertation.
- Students will address current professional practice issues in the field from an applied, interdisciplinary perspective.
- Professional Learning Communities will support student academic and professional growth throughout the degree program.
- All coursework will be completed online.
- Three required on-campus summer visits foster collaboration and community and fulfill residency requirements (Orientation Pre-Year 1, Oral Comprehensive Exam and Dissertation Proposal Year 3, Dissertation Defense Year 4).
- Faculty recognized as innovative teachers and accomplished scholars at local, national and international levels by professional organizations including ACSM, AERA, AKA, AASP, ISSP, NAK, NATA, NASPSPA, SHAPE/AAHPERD, TASSP, and WCAA.
Please see this Visual Overview of how to complete the Doctor of Education in Kinesiology Online (PDF ) in 4 years ( Sample Coursework shown ).
For more information please contact the Program Director, Dr. Pam Brown, at email@example.com